Welcome to the Tōtara Reserve Regional Park, below our Park Rules which apply to all those using our Park. All visitors to the Park have an obligation to take responsibility for health and safety.
- Campers should check in at the office before occupying a site. Report to the office on arrival and pay any applicable charges. PAY BEFORE YOU STAY not on departure.
- Check in is 1pm. Check out is by 12pm, after 1pm a full nights tariff will be charged.
- A site is for ONE average sized caravan or tent, awning and ONE car and up to 6 people including children. Extra sites should be booked if you require more than this.
- All caravans must be parked in designated areas as directed by the Park Manager or Park Staff. Non powered sites have no allocated or designated location, camp within approved areas within the campground.
- All Caravans/Camper vans must have a current electrical warrant of fitness.
- Please respect others. Reasonable behaviour is expected at all times, with QUIETNESS from 10pm to 7am. Music systems are to be kept at a non-obtrusive level during the day and switched off between 10pm and 7am.
- If you are under the age of 18 you MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Responsible consumption of alcohol which does not annoy, upset or offend others is permitted. Excessive drinking and parties which disrupt others are not permitted.
- MISCONDUCT, PROFANITY, THEFT, VANDALISM AND ABUSE TOWARDS STAFF WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There is zero tolerance for graffiti. Offenders will be evicted without refund of any payments made. Reparation for any damage caused will be deducted from the credit card on file or required by the primary guest.
- Site holders and group coordinators are responsible for the behaviour of any person or visitor on their site.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted within the Reserve. Anyone found with a dog will be asked to remove it or leave immediately. Animals are not permitted in the Park units or facilities. The only exception is for registered disability assist dogs. Please advise staff at time of booking if you have disability assist dog.
- No fires except in the fire pit provided.
- Electric barbeques are provided at both the Kahikatea and Kererū Campgrounds for your use.
- NO SHOOTING Hunting and shooting are not permitted anywhere within the Reserve.
- Day visitors are the ultimate responsibility of the registered guest and must leave quietly before 9pm. Please be aware that facilities are for our paying guests and in fairness to all guests we reserve the right to limit and remove visitors at Management discretion.
- Horses are permitted on a case-by-case basis, please contact the Park Manager first to discuss your activity.
- Please ensure that you keep all valuables secure.
- Credit card details will be held for 14 days after departure in our secure pay booking system for ALL site bookings in case of damages.
- You must refrain from any practice that may endanger the health and safety of yourself and any other person. You must report any hazards to the Park Manager.
- Riding of motorcycles or quad bikes is not permitted within the Park.
- No fireworks are permitted in the park.
- Young children must be supervised at all times in the campground.
- We do not accommodate long-term or permanent stays.
- Do not empty chemical toilets, porta-loos or toilet cassettes in any park building including the toilets.
- Drinking water must be boiled or brought into the park, currently the park water supply is non-potable which means it is not safe for drinking.